A form of Prayer suggested by Bishop Keith
Take one hand and look at:
- Your thumb – pray for our church community and family;
- Your first finger – pray for the NHS and those medical researchers looking for a vaccine;
- Your second finger – pray for the Government and all those making tough decisions;
- Your third finger – pray for those in care homes and working with the most vulnerable in our communities; and
- Little finger – pray for individuals known to you and yourself.
Take the other hand and read out loud:
“As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience” (Colossians 3:12) and let your thumb and each finger represent one of these “clothes” we are to put on:
- Thumb – compassion
- First finger – kindness
- Second finger – humility
- Third finger – meekness
- Little finger – patience
When you pray, put your hands together, and let the “clothing” of one hand touch the people and places in the other, and see what God does.